6. Your website should contain quality content and services
Creating compelling and useful content will likely influence your website more than any of the other factors discussed here. This could be through blog posts, social media services, email, forums, or other means.
Consider creating a new, useful service that no other site offers. You could also write an original piece of research, break an exciting news story, or leverage your unique user base. Other sites may lack the resources or expertise to do these things.
- Write text that is easy to understand
- Stay organized around the topic- use subheadings, paragraphs and layout separation, breaking up your content into logical chunks or divisions helps users find the content they want faster.
- Create fresh, unique content- Google claims it tries hard to index and show pages with unique information.
- Refrain from using keywords unnecessarily
7. Use Anchor Text
Anchor text is the clickable text that users will see as a result of a link, and is placed within the anchor tag . Write better anchor text, href text tells users and Google something about the page you’re linking to. With appropriate anchor text, users and search engines can easily understand what the linked pages contain. The anchor text you use for a link should provide at least a basic idea of what the page linked to is about.
- Avoid things like “page”, “article”, or “click here”
- User relevant keywords
- Use short phrases, don’t use paragraph length
- Use anchor text on internal links as well as external links